Women gained more than twice as many jobs than men did in May, a report from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reveals. The hiring rebound was especially strong in such fields as professional and business services, retail trade, education, health services and leisure and hospitality.
The BLS notes that women have regained 83% of the jobs they lost during the recession from December 2007 to September 2010. Men have regained just 65%.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Will we get in trouble for disciplining an employee for disparaging Facebook postings?
- Know the law: Simply taking FMLA leave doesn't necessarily mean worker is disabled
- Create wall calendars to remind staff of key HR dates
- Now's the time to evaluate your in-house promotion policy