Here are some real-life examples of what job candidates have told hiring managers, according to a recent CareerBuilder.com report:
- Candidate said he had to quit a banking position because he was always tempted to steal.
- Candidate denied that he had a cellphone with him even though it could be heard ringing in his briefcase.
- Candidate said he didn’t like getting up early and didn’t like to read.
- Candidate asked to be paid “under the table.”
- Candidate commented that he would do whatever it takes to get the job done, legal or not.
- Candidate said he didn’t want the job if he had to work a lot.
- Candidate wouldn’t answer a question because he thought they would steal his idea and not hire him.