No federal employment law specifically prohibits job discrimination against domestic violence victims. But a new Q&A fact sheet from the EEOC clarifies that Title VII and the ADA “may apply to employment situations involving applicants and employees who experience domestic or dating violence, sexual assault, or stalking.” You may need to update your anti-bias and anti-harassment training.
Access the full Q&A here.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- What's Working: 8 unique employee benefits programs
- Require special credentials for foreign hires? Tell applicants
- How to Respond to an EEOC Complaint: 10 Steps to Success
- Confidentiality conundrum: Can you reveal complaint in order to stop sexual harassment?