Cyber Monday—the online version of Black Friday—is Nov. 26. Do you know what your employees are doing that day? Studies have shown that employees spend an average of three hours per week shopping online while they’re supposed to be working. And expect longer shopping sprees that particular Monday as online gift-buying has gained popularity.
If that’s OK with you, let them shop, or at least restrict it. Your IT team can monitor employees’ computers to catch the e-shopaholics. Or they can put the kibosh on the practice by blocking access to online shopping sites.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Lawsuit-proof your firing decisions: Have those who hire or promote also do the firing
- Leasing organizations may be liable for clients' payroll taxes
- Insta-liability: Online risks go beyond Facebook
- Can telling applicant he's 'overqualified' trigger a lawsuit?