FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 23, 2012
Contact: Elizabeth Hall, Senior Web Editor
(800) 543-2055 (703) 905-8000
Free Podcast Will Teach Employers How to Conduct Effective Performance Reviews
Falls Church, Va. — Many employers are using performance review procedures and documents that have been cobbled together over the years. As a result, their appraisals are not providing their employees with the feedback and goals they need to become more effective and productive workers. A mere 30% of employees say their evaluations help them improve their performance.
Business Management Daily’s podcast, Performance Review Workshop: What’s Working, will teach human resources professionals and managers how to turn their review process from administrative drudgery to an effective motivational tool. This podcast will show them how the best companies conduct their appraisals. Business Management Daily is offering this resource FREE for a limited time to encourage employers to update their performance appraisal policy and documents. Performance Review Workshop: What’s Working is presented by Sheri A. Caldwell, Ph.D., SPHR, the co-author of two best-selling SHRM books, and Dr. Clinton O. Longenecker, an award-winning business educator, author and motivational speaker.
“This podcast draws on years of research to find out what works in performance reviews — and what doesn’t,” says Business Management Daily’s Senior Web Editor Elizabeth Hall. “You’ll walk away with a concrete, practical prescription for getting better results from your appraisals.”
Performance Review Workshop: What’s Working answers questions like:
- What does the typical review measure — specific traits and behaviors or performance measured against goals?
- When do most employers do reviews — annually or more frequently?
- Are companies using rating scales, narratives or both?
- Who conducts most reviews — the direct supervisor?
- How common are self-appraisals — should you be using them?
This podcast has been approved for 1.25 credit hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resources Certification Institute.
“Performance Review Workshop will teach you important lessons for conducting powerful, productive performance reviews,” says Hall. “Even better, you’ll get great advice from people who have walked in your HR shoes and have done the research to find out what actually works when conducting appraisals.”
Performance reviews are more than just evaluations. They’re an opportunity to increase productivity and enhance your organization. Learn how to conduct the most effective performance appraisals – Download Performance Review Workshop: What’s Working now. This offer is only available through Sunday, Aug. 5.
Business Management Daily provides plain-English, actionable news, information and tips to busy professionals in the areas of human resources, leadership, management, administrative skills, office technology, employment law, tax and more. Subscribe to our free e-newsletters and download our free reports. ‘Like’ us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ and Twitter at @BizDaily.
- Business Management Daily offers PACE accreditation through its training webinars
- Free report for Administrative Professionals Week will help administrative assistants create effective SOP
- Free video recording demonstrates how to design effective PowerPoint presentations
- Business alert: Top 3 employer mistakes and how to avoid them
- Managers and business owners: Gain efficiency through more effective project management skills