One of the best ways to tell if applicants have the skills to perform specific tasks is to directly ask how they’ve used those skills in the past. These sample questions can help hiring managers spot 10 important “soft” skills:
1. Tell me about a time you did more than was required in your job.
2. Describe a situation where you found you had a serious problem. What did you do to solve it?
3. How did your last big idea work out?
4. What was the toughest decision you made recently?
5. Describe a work-related problem you had to face recently. What procedures did you use to deal with it?
6. Describe when you had to pitch a proposal. How did you do? Why do you think it went that way?
7. Have you ever given instructions that someone didn’t follow? Why did that happen?
8. Should some rules be obeyed more than others?
9. Did you ever have to deal with a co...(register to read more)