A study by economists in Buenos Aires found that when a photo accompanies a job application (as is common in Argentina), attractive applicants of both genders get called in for interviews more often.
The researchers sent 2,500 fictional applicants with similar résumés yet different photos. Of the attractive candidates, 10.3% were called, compared with 7.6% of the “unattractive” ones.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Immigrant status counts in failure-to-hire cases
- Keep hiring as objective as possible -- and beware loose criteria that could let in bias
- Drug testing: Minimize lawsuit risk with smart policy
- 6 tax reasons why you should put your spouse on the payroll