Candidates can apply for jobs at Sodexo through an app on their smartphones.
The new jobs app allows would-be employees to search and apply for Sodexo jobs in the United States by keyword, discipline or location. They can also subscribe to job alerts, access a mobile career site and network with employees. The food-service firm developed the app in response to the popularity of smartphones. Studies show that most 18- to 34-year-olds own smartphones, and 62% of them download apps.
A study by Beyond.com reported that 77% of job-seekers use mobile apps to search for jobs.
The Sodexo jobs app is available for iPhone, iPad and Android-based devices. A BlackBerry version is in development.
Contact: Arie Ball, VP, sourcing and talent acquisition, (301) 987-4393.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Insist that managers conduct interviews--even if they 'know' who's best for the job
- Federal Contractors Must Use E-Verify to Confirm Worker Eligibility
- What do we need to do to hire an H-1B immigrant currently working for another employer?
- And the $25,000 question is ...