A Texas employee of TIAA-CREF is suing the retirement fund giant after she was fired for allegedly sharing her computer password with a co-worker. In June 2011, Susan M. Ogle, who is 63 years old, resigned to avoid being fired for the offense.
The lawsuit she filed in October contends that many younger TIAA-CREF employees have shared their computer passwords without being fired. Her suit alleges violations of the Age Discrimination in Employment Act and the Texas Labor Code.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- EEOC settles bias suit involving Jehovah's Witness, dress code
- Court approves FICA tax refund on severance payments
- Vague gripes about bosses aren't protected
- No requirement to break up love triangles--but be prepared for workplace violence