Employees of HR consulting firm Aon Corp. are kicking three soccer balls across six continents in eight months. The goal: to demonstrate Chicago-based Aon’s global connections among colleagues.
The “Pass It On” initiative is designed to inspire fun and a healthy competition among employees in Aon’s Americas, Europe/Middle East/Africa and Asia/Pacific regions. In addition to dribbling the balls between Aon offices, teams win points in an online competition by answering questions and uploading photos and videos showing the Aon logo.
The organization has 60,000 employees in 500 offices in 120 countries. The initiative, execs say, will help them understand how changes in one sector affect another.
“Pass It On” kicked off during half time at a Manchester United soccer game. Aon is a major sponsor of the legendary English Premier League team.
Contact: David Prosperi of Aon, (312) 381-2485.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Require HR review of disciplinary records before discharge
- Investigations must be thorough, but not bulletproof to justify discipline
- It's essential to follow AG's rules for disciplining police officers
- Whistle-Blowers protected if they reasonably believe violation occurred