The following sample policies were excerpted from The Book of Company Policies, published by HR Specialist, © 2007. Edit for your organization's purposes.
Sample Policy 1:
“XYZ will observe the following days as paid holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day (as observed by federal offices), the Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. The office will also close early on Christmas Eve and will be closed the day after Thanksgiving as well, but these are not paid holidays. Employees may also choose to take the following days off on an unpaid basis if they give the company two weeks’ notice: Martin Luther King Day, Presidents Day, Good Friday and Veterans Day.”
Sample Policy 2:
“Regular employees have paid time off on the following holidays, unless otherwise scheduled (list holidays). When the holiday falls on the employee’s regular day off, full-time employees may s...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- How to Write Meeting Minutes
- Worker death means prison for former company president
- Now at full strength, will NLRB continue anti-business bias?
- Workplace chaplains boost morale, productivity
- New Supreme Court ruling redefines boundaries of race discrimination