Tax Rebates May Be Paid to Estates — Business Management Daily: Free Reports on Human Resources, Employment Law, Office Management, Office Communication, Office Technology and Small Business Tax Business Management Daily
  • LinkedIn
  • YouTube
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google+

Tax Rebates May Be Paid to Estates

Get PDF file

by on
in Small Business Tax

Q.  We just filed the 2007 return for my father who died last year. Will a tax rebate be issued in his name?

A.  Yes. Individuals who filed a 2007 federal income tax return are eligible for the new economic stimulus rebates. This includes situations where a taxpayer dies after filing a return or where the final 2007 return was filed by a personal representative or surviving spouse. Normally, rebate payments will be made to the estate of the deceased taxpayer.

Tip: If the final return was a joint return with no other appointed representative for the deceased taxpayer, the surviving spouse will receive the economic stimulus rebate.

Related Articles...

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: