IRS alters rules for S corp refunds. — Business Management Daily: Free Reports on Human Resources, Employment Law, Office Management, Office Communication, Office Technology and Small Business Tax Business Management Daily
  • LinkedIn
  • YouTube
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google+

IRS alters rules for S corp refunds.

Get PDF file

by on
in Small Business Tax

If your S corporation doesn’t have a valid business reason for using a fiscal year, it must pay the IRS a deposit based on its tax savings. In a new ruling, the IRS now says that fiscal-year firms have six years to request a refund of deposits. (IRS office of chief counsel memorandum 200607015) In the past, they had to seek a refund within three years. Deposits can be refunded if you’re no longer an S corp or the deposit exceeded the required amount. How to do it: File Form 8752 (Required Payment or Refund under Section 751).

Related Articles...

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: