Showing consideration for your co-workers isn't merely polite. Those surveyed for the staffing firm Office Angels said they're more likely to help considerate co-workers, and that those colleagues are more deserving of promotion than annoying office mates.
The top irritating behaviors cited:
- Receiving e-mail from someone sitting 3 feet away.
- Listening to voice mail over a speakerphone.
- Swearing at the computer.
- Playing music a co-worker doesn't like.
Noise created by technology topped annoyances that ranked high just a few years ago, such as leaving the photocopier with a jam or gossiping.
Don't dismiss the impact of annoying habits: More than a third of office workers say they've considered switching jobs to escape the irritation.
- 14 Tips on Business Etiquette No matches