Q. Are holidays that fall within the scheduled counted as leave? L.F., Washington
A. The Labor Department’s say that a full week of entitlement is used when an employee is on FMLA leave for a full week, even if some of the days during that week include holidays. One caveat: If your organization closes down for a full week or more, such as during the week of Christmas, that time should not be charged against an employee’s 12-week annual FMLA entitlement.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 8 ways to say 'No' to employees without damaging morale
- Voluntary programs offer home, auto insurance discounts
- What can we do? We suspect one of our employees is often drunk at work
- Offer legit 'fresh-start' transfer without fear of being punished for retaliation