Need a copy of an old return? — Business Management Daily: Free Reports on Human Resources, Employment Law, Office Management, Office Communication, Office Technology and Small Business Tax Business Management Daily
  • LinkedIn
  • YouTube
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google+

Need a copy of an old return?

Get PDF file

by on
in Small Business Tax

You can file Form 4506, but it could take up to 60 days to receive a photocopy and cost you $39. Better option: Call the IRS to order a transcript that lists line items from your original return (only 1040s) for up to three previous years. It's free, and you'll receive the transcript within seven to 10 days. Request transcripts by calling (800) 829-1040 or by mail using Form 4506-T.

Related Articles...

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: