The 2006 holiday season has just ended, but you need to start planning for next year’s holiday work schedule if you haven’t already. A new Society for Human Resource (SHRM) survey says that, compared with 2006, more employers plan to close up shop the day after Thanksgiving and on Christmas Eve next year.
- 72 percent plan to close their workplaces the day after Thanksgiving in 2007, compared with 63 percent last year.
- 48 percent plan to close on Christmas Eve (a Monday) in 2007, compared with 29 percent last year (on a Sunday).
- 96 percent plan to close New Year’s Day in 2007 versus 88 percent that did so this year.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Good faith is the key to litigation-Proof employment decisions
- FMLA: State workers can sue for FMLA violations, too.
- Design bonus payments to reduce your overtime risks
- 25 Off-Limits Interview Questions