When it comes to happy, motivated and excited employees, it’s all about the holiday party at Livonia, Mich.-based Quicken Loans.
The party is no simple gathering at the office. Rather, the company invites its 4,000 employees to a celebrity-headlined private concert.
In 2006, the company took over a 1,000-room hotel and hosted a performance featuring singer Kid Rock and MTV’s DJ Skribble. The party had a “dream theme” and employees dressed in everything from pajamas and slippers to tuxedos. They hung out in an oxygen bar and snacked in the “Raid the Refrigerator” room.
For the company’s 20th anniversary celebration in 2005, Quicken took 5,000 employees and family members to the Quicken Loans arena in Cleveland for a private Black Eyed Peas concert.
Contact: Todd Lunsford, VP of human resources, at email@example.com.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Immigration reform: States pick up ball U.S. Senate dropped
- New small-business law includes tax breaks, 401(k)-to-Roth conversions
- Hacking employees' passwords: As simple as 1 2 3 4 5 6
- Prepare now for the data breach that will inevitably hit you