We overpaid! Can we get the money back? — Business Management Daily: Free Reports on Human Resources, Employment Law, Office Management, Office Communication, Office Technology and Small Business Tax Business Management Daily
  • LinkedIn
  • YouTube
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google+

We overpaid! Can we get the money back?

Get PDF file

by on
in Human Resources

Q. My company accidentally overpaid two employees last pay period. How may we recoup that overpayment?

A. In North Carolina, an overpayment of wages due to a miscalculation or bona fide error is considered a prepayment of wages, and the amount of overpayment may be withheld or deducted from the employee’s future wages. 

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: