Until recently, the E-Verify Self-Check online system—which allows job-seekers to check their own work eligibility prior to employers doing so—was available in only five states: AZ, CO, ID, MS and VA. Last month, the Department of Homeland Security made it available to people in 16 more states: CA, LA, ME, MD, MA, MN, MO, NE, NV, NJ, NY, OH, SC, TX, UT and WA.
It’s also now available in Spanish. Find the Self-Check tool at www.uscis.gov/selfcheck.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Why leaders let people make 'homers'
- Retaliation long after employee complained? Courts skeptical when years pass without incident
- Do attractive people earn a leg up in hiring?
- Ridiculous resumes, inane interviews liven up the hiring process