Because of limited space for graphics and copy, and lack of a response form, postcards work best when the following conditions exist:
- The product is familiar to the reader or, if not familiar, simple in nature and easy to explain.
- The marketing objective is to generate a lead or inquiry, rather than to generate mail orders accompanied by checks and credit card payments.
- The offer features a premium or other free item the prospect can send for, such as a demo disk, CD, catalog, or brochure.
Why use postcards instead of a traditional DM package, tri-fold self-mailer, or other formats?
- “Postcards offer immediate impact,” says Perry Frank of Modern Postcards. The message is immediately visible, with no e...(register to read more)
- The most amazing fact about fundraising can help make any direct mail promotion more successful — including yours!
- Understanding the basics of domain name disputes
- Who Are You Writing for — Your Prospects or Google?
- 10 ways to improve your trade show direct mail
- 6 Simple Steps to Wealth, Power, and Success