This is one of the most frequently asked questions in business-to-business marketing. Let's see if we can shed some light on the topic.
The number of inquiries produced per thousand pieces mailed varies dramatically depending on a number of factors, some of which we'll discuss shortly. However, based on recent results, we can make the following generalizations:
If your mailing has a hard offer, you can expect a response rate in the range of 1 percent to 1.5 percent. I define a hard offer as any response choice that forces the prospect to try the product or have direct contact with a salesperson. These include meetings, demonstrations, presentations, so-called "free consultations" (sales meetings in disguise), demo diskettes selling for nominal fees, and 30-day trial ...(register to read more)
- Can Small Businesses Compete in SEO?
- What makes business-to-business marketing different than consumer?
- The most amazing fact about fundraising can help make any direct mail promotion more successful — including yours!
- Hidden Danger in Political Advertising
- The Red Flag rules: Looming deadline for businesses