More good news for small business – as the needs of the company changes, the existing business structure can be amended or a new business structure can be formed quickly, easily and affordably.
Below are useful descriptions of the most popular business structures to help you get started:
A general corporation, also known as a “C” corporation, is the most common corporate structure. A general corporation may have an unlimited number of stockholders. Consequently, it is usually chosen by those companies planning to have more than 30 stockholders or large public stock offerings.
Since a corporation is a separate legal entity, a stockholder's personal liability is usu...(register to read more)
- 7th Circuit: Under ADA, disabled don't automatically get vacant job
- E-Verify again an eligibility verification option for Illinois employers
- Employee filed for workers' comp? Careful with layoff
- Hiding behind staffing agency won't protect you; temps can sue, too
- Retaliation claim needn't be written or to DOL