Question: If an employee provides an I-9 document that’s subject to photo matching in E-Verify, can an employer ask or require the employee to provide a copy of the document to use during the E-Verify process? Must employers retain copies of documents used for photo matching, even if the matching is done with the employee’s original document?
Answer: Employers must view original documents for photo matching and keep accurate copies of the documents for E-Verify purposes.
(Source: U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Want 6 quick tax perks? Hire 'from within'
- Use managers to conduct some (Not all) reference checks
- There's just no guessing about cross-dressing: Focus hiring on qualifications, not appearance
- Putting more weight on interview isn't pretext for bias