Some intriguing, and not-so-standard, job interview questions:
• Procter & Gamble: Sell me an invisible pen.
• Citigroup: What is your strategy at table tennis?
• Capital One: How do you evaluate Subway’s five-foot sub policy?
• Lubin Lawrence: If you could describe Hershey, Godiva and Dove chocolates as people, how would you describe them?
• Jane Street Capital: What is the smallest number divisible by 225 that consists of all 1’s and 0’s?
Note: For tough or oddball questions, it’s not whether your candidates get the right answers, but how they tackle the problems. Are they creative? Can they think on their feet?
— Adapted from “20 Craziest Job Interview Questions and the Right Answers,” Lynn O’Shaughnessy, CBS MoneyWatch.com.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- HR legislation in Congress: What's hot, what's not?
- Can we hire contractors and later--if they work out--convert them into employees?
- North Carolina Legislature considers new employment laws
- Don't consider pending lawsuits when making hiring decisions