The EEOC and Jameson Memorial Hospital settled a federal lawsuit that was originally filed last February. The New Castle hospital will pay $50,000 to an African-American radiology technician who claimed the hospital denied him training opportunities because of his race.
The hospital must also revise itsand policies to clarify that denying training opportunities may be discriminatory.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Settled discrimination case? Be prepared to show you're complying with terms
- Military service counts toward FMLA eligibility
- When it comes to firing offenses, be sure you can show you treated everyone equally
- NLRB releases 'quickie union election' rule