Could yourfrom work skills training, but you're operating on a limited training budget? The state's Labor Department, through its Pennsylvania Career Link offices, may provide a solution.
The department offers several short courses designed to bring employees up to speed, with courses ranging from goal-setting andto PowerPoint, Excel and basic computer skills. The daytime classes typically run four to six weeks and cost a maximum $20 per person.
To view the complete schedule, costs and scope of each course, go to www.pacareerlink.state.pa.us.
Career Link also offers employers the ability to list their job openings on the site, including their company logo as a clickable link directly to their Web site. Applicants can then apply directly or learn more about the company. Go to www.pacareerlink.state.pa.us, click on Job Seeker Services and then "Pennsylvania CareerLinked Employers."
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- How to Write Meeting Minutes
- Take conversations to the lowest level
- Are Facebook postings private? Bosses and workers disagree
- Do we have to pay health insurance opt-out bonus during FMLA leave?
- Got mental health benefits? Spread the word