is the current flashpoint. The owners neither follow nor enforce the policies in it, and it needs a complete overhaul. I tell them constantly that if I am to protect them, we need a well-written and enforced handbook. They pay no attention at all. They look at me as if I am the bad guy.
I have been here only eight months. I spend lots of time putting out fires they personally start. I really feel I’m compromising my ethics by staying! What should I do? In this economy I cannot look for another job. Do I just stick it out until it starts to turn around—and then leave?—RS, Midwest
See responses below
- How can I encourage participation in my monthly meeting?
- How should I handle resentment that's brewing over comp time?
- If someone gets sick on vacation, how should we mark the time off?
- What’s the strangest thing an applicant has done during an interview?
- How can we set up a kids' space at work? Should we?