Issue: Customer service is the face of your organization, so hiring the right employees is crucial.
Benefit: A new breed of online testing options makes hiring customer service employees more precise.
Action: Look into the following four testing sources.
Because customer service employees are on your front lines every day, don't just rely on a résumé and a good first impression to choose such vital personnel. New low-cost online tests can help you determine who has the right stuff.
Without good customer service, you miss opportunities for bigger sales.
In one Harris Interactive study, 85 percent of respondents said they're "somewhat" or "very" likely to buy more from a company if they encounter good customer service.
Here are four good sources of new online testing to help you pick a winner:
1. The Customer Service Job Fitness Test assesses skills and personality traits. Go to www.psychtests.com (click Career, then Complete list of tests). Applicants take the test online, and you order the results for $10.
2. The Profiles Customer Service Survey tests for qualities such as, courtesy, persuasiveness and perseverance. Go to www.evaluationslc.com (click Online Assessments).
3. The Customer Service Diagnostic Questionnaire tests, trust, rapport building, active listening, problem solving and defusing anger. Go to www.saleshelp.com.
4. The Customer Service Aptitude Profile covers personality traits crucial to providing good customer service. Go to www.creativeorgdesign.com (click on the Tests tab).
Note: To locate customer service training videos and DVDs, go to www.trainingabc.com or www.rctm.com.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- 14 Tips on Business Etiquette
- 8 N.J. employers named to '100 Best Companies' list
- Skilled trades again among the hardest jobs to fill
- The new risks of premature job offers
- Persistence has XM Radio beaming