Employers host employee-recognition events throughout the year, but the second Friday in March (March 10 this year) is the official Employee Appreciation Day, according to the Society for Human Resource.
Buy bagels or lunch for the staff, close shop early or just say thanks.
Some sites with best-practice ideas and employee-recognition products: www.recognition.org, www.nelson-motivation.com/resources.cfm, www.ara.org, www.billsims.com/articles.php and www.incentivemag.com.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- What constitutes a major crisis?
- Give your staff permission to disagree
- When technological change means jobs are changing too, document the training you offer
- Don't raise performance bar solely on workers taking FMLA