If you're confused about how to comply with a federal safety regulation, or even whether it applies to your company, check out the Occupational Safety and Health Administration's online, interactive advisers.
The software programs ask you several questions and, based on your answers, churn out a customized report on whether, how and which parts of a regulation apply to your business.
The programs include Fire Safety Advisor, Hazard Awareness Advisor, Confined Space and Safety Pays, among others.
Download any adviser for free from www.osha-slc.gov/dts/osta/oshasoft. For more information, call OSHA at (800) 321-6742.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Supreme Court OKs class-action waivers in arbitration pacts
- Pay attention to spontaneous bias complaint
- Chronic fatigue syndrome or just too pooped to work?
- Take 10: How to handle the California Labor Code mandate to provide midshift breaks