If your company operates in several locations, make sure you're complying with every city and state law. And check your, too. It may need to be tailored to individual states where you do business.
Example: A jury awarded nearly $1.2 million to an Aetna account representative who was fired after refusing to sign a noncompete agreement in California, which doesn't enforce such agreements.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- After military leave, does employee get across-the-board raise instituted while he was gone?
- Obama's agenda: 5 ideas to alter small biz
- Supreme Court makes it harder for employees to win age-bias lawsuits
- RIFs and age bias suits: Understand the power of statistics