Take workplace graffiti seriously, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) does.
Foster Wheeler Constructors Inc. recently agreed to pay a $1.32 million settlement for racial and sexual harassment claims that included graffiti left on the walls of portable toilets at a site in Robbins, Ill. An EEOC attorney said the case challenged a persistent problem of harassing graffiti in the construction industry.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- A 360-degree review can be used to show process was fair
- NLRB shake-up may cause reversals on key cases
- Don't let a scheduling conflict prompt reservists' discipline, firing
- When talk turns to sex, watch out for harassment claims from unexpected victims