If your company offers a cafeteria, examine new rules that the IRS and Treasury Department issued last month.
The set of final regulations (T.D. 8878) and proposed regulations (REG 117162-99) clarifies and expands the circumstances in which companies with Section 125 cafeteria plans can permit employees to change their elections.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 6 tips to help managers approach--and turn around--poor performers
- Attitude, absence & foul language: 3 scripts for those conversations you'd rather not have
- Intoxicated employee can still win workers' comp benefits
- Maintain tax breaks by limiting access to your home PC