Seven federal appeals courts have now ruled that the Americans with Disabilities Act doesn't keep you from offering a different level of benefits for mental disabilities than for physical ailments.
The 2nd Circuit is the most recent to strike down the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's position. (EEOC v. Staten Island Savings Bank, Nos. 99-6011, 99-6035, 2d Cir., 2000)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Tick, Tock. Watch the (Retaliation) Clock
- One sex always does the dirty work? Be prepared to show that it's essential
- When workplace romance goes bad, fall back on sexual harassment policy for discipline
- NC employees can win bigger windfall in harassment suits