Seven federal appeals courts have now ruled that the Americans with Disabilities Act doesn't keep you from offering a different level of benefits for mental disabilities than for physical ailments.
The 2nd Circuit is the most recent to strike down the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's position. (EEOC v. Staten Island Savings Bank, Nos. 99-6011, 99-6035, 2d Cir., 2000)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- OWBPA doesn't cancel out courthouse-Step settlements
- Job interviews: How to pose risky questions the legal way
- Buying business and rehiring staff? Beware excluding employees who have filed lawsuits
- All better? Great! Now, repay 11 years of workers' comp