1. According to a survey of hiring managers, what’s the most common mistake candidates make during job interviews?
a. Lack of enthusiasm
b. Unprepared to discuss their career plans, goals
c. Little or no knowledge of the company
2. A recent Supreme Court ruling involving Walmart will make employers less vulnerable to:
a. Wage-and-hour claims
b. Slip-and-fall fraud cases
c. Big class-action lawsuits
3. Merit increases for employees in the United States averaged 2.7% last year. What’s the average merit increase that U.S. organizations are budgeting for this year?
4. Which minority segment reports feeling discriminated against the most in their current jobs?
c. Disabled workers
5. What percentage of employers ban all employees from using social media on work computers?
Sources: 1. Accountemps survey; 2. U.S. Supreme Court; 3. TowersWatson survey; 4. CareerBuilder survey; 5. Manpower Employment Blawg.
Answers: 1. c 2. c 3. a 4. b 5. b
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Altering employee time sheets can mean personal liability
- Have a no-fault attendance policy? Beware the FMLA liability trap
- Which co-workers are the best ... and the worst?
- Must we allow employee to review everything in her personnel file?