How can we help get a union decertified? — Business Management Daily: Free Reports on Human Resources, Employment Law, Office Management, Office Communication, Office Technology and Small Business Tax Business Management Daily
  • LinkedIn
  • YouTube
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google+

How can we help get a union decertified?

Get PDF file

by on
in Employment Law

Q. A few employees have told me recently they are fed up with their union and would like to get rid of it. How can I help them? We’d be glad to get rid of the union, too.

A. The National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) or other government agency with jurisdiction can provide employees with information on union decertification. The NLRB phone number in Minnesota’s region is (612) 348-1757.  

Beyond sharing this, an employer (including all managers and supervisors) can’t be involved—unless it has objective evidence that a majority of its union employees no longer support the union.

Anything else the employer says or does to help or encourage employees lose the union is likely to backfire and prevent employees from achieving decertification.

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: