The 2010 Small Business Jobs Act doubles the penalty—now $100, up from $50—for each missing or incorrect 2010 Form W-2 that is filed or corrected after Aug. 1, 2011. Maximum penalty: $1.5 million.
Incorrect W-2s are corrected by filing Forms W-2c with the Social Security Administration.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 'Use-it-or-lose-it' vacation policy usually legal, but check state law
- Missed lunch invitations, cramped office aren't enough to warrant lawsuit
- Atten-Hut! Florida gives members of the military additional rights
- 4 ways the workplace has become more dangerous