The U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) recently hailed the “halfway point in a remarkable journey” as more than 25 states now have laws prohibiting smoking in workplaces, restaurants and bars. Ten states have laws prohibiting smoking in one or two of those categories. Many cities and counties have their own laws.
The CDC is pushing more state and local governments to enact total workplace smoking bans.
Find a link to all state smoking laws at www.theHRSpecialist.com/smokinglaws.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Don't let simplest error derail arbitration: Make sure agreement was signed
- During the hiring process, when is it OK to ask about disabilities?
- Weigh costs and benefits before seeking trial in federal rather than New York courts
- New Supreme Court ruling redefines boundaries of race discrimination