If you shrug off your injury record-keeping duties, consider this recent case study: OSHA last month cited a Houston manufacturer with 83 willful violations for “hiding” work-related injuries and illnesses at the company. The proposed fines: $1.2 million.
The agency says the company, Goodman Manufacturing, failed to correctly report 74% of injuries and illnesses over the past two years. Read about your record-keeping responsibilities at www.osha.gov/recordkeeping.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Are there ADA implications if we ask applicants to take personality tests?
- Make sure written employment contracts exclude oral promises
- Workers' comp law: How to keep costs, compliance in check
- NLRB's relentless attack on employment policies continues