If you shrug off your injury record-keeping duties, consider this recent case study: OSHA last month cited a Houston manufacturer with 83 willful violations for “hiding” work-related injuries and illnesses at the company. The proposed fines: $1.2 million.
The agency says the company, Goodman Manufacturing, failed to correctly report 74% of injuries and illnesses over the past two years. Read about your record-keeping responsibilities at www.osha.gov/recordkeeping.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Can we search employees' work areas while investigating a string of thefts?
- Binding employees to noncompete agreements
- Discovered mistaken deduction from exempt pay? Fix it fast, or face big liability risk
- Safety violations cost Cintas $3 million in 3 months