Xe Services, the Moyock-based defense contractor formerly known as Blackwater, faces three lawsuits by former trainers who claim the company misclassified them as independent contractors. The suit seeks overtime pay.
Benjamin Williams, David Bogo and Brian Maher filed the suit in federal court in Raleigh, claiming they should have been classified as employees back when the company went by the name of Blackwater. The men were trainers at the company’s Moyock facility and the Navy Annex in Chesapeake, Va.
The three hope this suit serves as the basis for a class-action suit against the company.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Pay-for-performance raises to dominate 2013
- Watch for warning signs of workers' comp fraud
- If a resigning employee gives two weeks' notice, can we tell him not to bother coming in anymore?
- Penn State to require worker weigh-ins, med screenings