Every month, I provide some insight into a narrow arrow of employ-ment law. Because HR professionals and other
This month, I thought I’d try something a little different, and give you some perspective on why I choose to practice from the management side, along with some pointers to help you hire the right employment attorney to counsel your business.
Get it right next time
I practice management-side employment law because I want to help businesses better manage their talent.
I am not so naive to think that employers fire people only for good reasons. Companies fire employees for lots of reasons—good, indifferent and unlawful. In a perfect world, discrimination, retaliation and harassment wouldn’t exist. But they do exist, and companies—even those with the best i...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- NLRB ruling shows risk of Facebook discipline
- Minor malady could hinder performance? Always look for easy accommodations
- Watch out! EEOC takes aim at separation agreements
- 'Pool' together to ease pain at the pump