The threat of more rigorous enforcement—the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) now has 250 more wage-and-hour cops—is yet another reason to double-check to see whether your exempt employees are truly exempt. Is nonexempt staff being paid for all hours worked?
The new hires at the DOL’s Wage and Hour Division represent a 33% increase in its investigative force.
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Workplace violence: Recognizing the threats, reducing the danger
- EEOC offers new guidance to avoid bias against employee/caregivers
- OK to pay commissions on a flat-rate basis--it won't violate FLSA commission exemption
- 2 N.C. companies make Fortune 'best to work for' list