On Nov. 23, the California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement issued an opinion letter stating that employers may deduct vacation and sick leave banks for
You can find the letter at www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/opinions/2009-11-23.doc.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Doubt medical certification's accuracy? You're allowed to seek a second opinion
- Is an employee entitled to take FMLA leave to care for her hospitalized adult child?
- Develop process for extending FMLA leave
- For new mom with very ill baby, what are our FMLA and unemployment obligations?