The U.S. Department of Labor’s Wage and Hour Division recently announced that MT Supermarket, an Austin grocery store, has paid $186,624 in back wages to 34 workers. The payment comes after an investigation of the Asian grocery store found violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
According to DOL spokeswoman Elizabeth Todd, the funds will be distributed according to the number of hours each employee worked.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- How to Write Meeting Minutes
- Don't assume temps are independent contractors
- Business trip injury qualifies for workers' comp
- Austin bus company to pay $655K to settle labor dispute
- Top 4 reasons Officepal is an effective networking tool for admins