Having employees handle their own pay and
But old habits die hard. Merely offering self-serve online resources to employees won’t automatically make them self-sufficient.
To create new employee behaviors and greater HR efficiencies, initiate a long-term, multimedia strategy using techniques that encourage employees to help themselves.
Spread the word
Experts claim it takes 30 days to create new habits, but HR pros who have achieved high adoption rates for self-service offerings often find it takes 12 months of communication to make self-service stick. Among the techniques they use: including links to self-service web sites in monthly newsle...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Track HR decisions to show discipline wasn't harassment
- ADA alert: Define essential job functions before anyone requests reasonable accommodations
- New York Wage Payment Law
- Supervisors who say 'What happens here, stays here' invite retaliation claims