How will your organization respond if a human bird flu outbreak strikes? A major flu pandemic is possible and now is the best time to prepare for the worst.
Advice: Consider establishing a telecommuting plan in the event of such a contagious disease outbreak. Isolating healthy workers quickly may allow your work force to stay healthy and productive. For tips on preventing flu in the workplace and information about so-called avian flu, see www.cdc.gov/flu /workplace and www.osha.gov/dsg/guidance/avian-flu.html.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Managers who hire for 'Right look' may be discriminating
- Don't bend on disability accommodations if they could compromise safety
- California Supreme Court ruling brings clarity to arbitration agreements
- EEOC starts cracking down on teen-employee harassment