Asystem is the best way to correct employee .
It’s also the best way to protect against. It allows you to ensure that any employee fired because of inferior performance was treated fairly and in accordance with your company’s policies.
Here’s a five-step model for progressive discipline:
1. Oral reprimand
As soon as a supervisor perceives a worker’s performance problem, he or she should issue an oral reprimand. The supervisor should ask the worker whether there are any long-term problems or skill deficiencies that need to be corrected. Have the manager keep detailed notes or prepare a memo to file about the conversation, in case further action is necessary.
2. Written warning
If the problem persists (or more problems emerge), the supervisor should provide the employee with a written warning detailing the objectionable behavior, along with the cons...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- How to Write Meeting Minutes
- Small Business Tax Deduction Strategies: Maximize Section 179 Write-offs
- Does a tax ID number authorize foreigners to work?
- Avoid 'brainlock' when a crisis hits
- HR certification rules to get tougher, starting in 2011