President Obama is delivering on his promise of change—particularly in the workplace-law arena. To prepare HR professionals for what’s happening—and what’s going to happen—the HR Specialist is hosting its annual Washington Conference Advanced Practices Symposium (LEAP) Nov. 4-6 at the Washington Marriott at Metro Center, just four blocks from the White House.
Thirty of America’s top employment lawyers will brief attendees on the important employment law issues of the day— , record-keeping, wage law, benefits, discrimination, union issues and more. The conference will offer interactive roundtables, networking opportunities and updates on key legislative, regulatory and legal changes affecting HR.
The annual LEAP conference is regarded by many as the most expert and entertaining way for HR professionals to learn practical strategies to comply with current law and prepare for the future.
Important note: Subscribers to any HR Specialist newsletter can deduct $200 off their registration fee if they register by Sept. 28.
To view the newly updated LEAP 2009 agenda and register, visit www.LEAP2009.com.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 14 Tips on Business Etiquette
- Workplace violence: Florida law opens liability beyond workers' comp
- Warn bosses: E-mail is smoking-gun evidence
- NLRB, EEOC confidentiality stance muddles investigations
- How to improve the job candidate experience