Reinforcing the value of benefits
"With health care costs increasing, most employees don’t think about or even know the monetary benefit they receive from the company regarding their health care coverage. One way to remind employees is to include on theirstub the health care cost you pay per payroll period plus their salary for the total compensation package. This helps to retain employees, squelch some asking for raises, as well as remind them of the dollar value of benefits."
— Steve Williams, Capital Mortgage Finance Corp., Columbia, Md.
New twist on
"Schedule employee reviews at the beginning of the year—not at the end. This creates a focus on achieving goals and moving forward with opportunities for change and improvement."
— Phil Delgiudice, Aztec Industries, Ronkonkoma, N.Y.
Do they really want a promotion?
"How many times have you promoted an employee to a position of greater respons...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Supreme Court could rule on class-action waivers
- Stick to the facts when firing employee who complained of discrimination
- Leadership 101: Don't be greedy
- 3 reasons to drop the curtain on your office prima donnas